Major advice alert ****!!

Suber

So today i was out YouTubing and i discovered that like 90% producers use some soundpacks orsm.
Its cool to practise with famous sounds and things like this but BRO NOBODY needs new Metro Boomin or new Lex Luger or new DJ Mustard. Why these guys are famous? Bc they made their own sounds and shit now everybody mimicing. Its very benefitial to learn sound desing and not sound like someone famous. Be you man!

PEACE THO!

i agree, except for dj mustard lol ive been hearing the sounds he uses since before he even started producing, probably because theyre nothing unique but i agree with what youre saying. i always make my own kicks/808s/sub basses and layer/manipulate snares so they sound unique as well as with hi hats.

I'd wager most of us - even those established guys/girls use readymade sounds to a degree. If you use samples at all, that is and haven't specifically gone out of your way to not use anything else but 100% self-created stuff. And there's nothing wrong with it. If you use someone else's sounds as-is in order to sound like them, that's a different story – but chances are you're not getting anywhere with that kind of lack of imagination either.

Mustard doesn't really create new sounds. He play simple melodies and puts a catchy 808 pattern accomplained with hats and solid variation. Nothing unique. I agree with Boomin, he's had a good run.

Back