So I want to produce EDM music and am looking for my very first set of studio monitors. I want decent monitors that are better than typical computer speakers when it comes to producing music and mastering.
I'm specifically looking at these but am definitely up for your suggestions if you have any. My budget for both speakers is right at about $300
M-Audio BX5 D2 Active Studio Monitor (pair): $300
- Frequency response: 53 Hz - 22 kHz
- Crossover frequency: 3 kHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 40 watts
- High-frequency amplifier power: 30 watts
- Maximum signal-to-noise (dynamic range): > 100 dB (typical A-weighted)
polarity: positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Input impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: factory programmed for either 115V ~50/60 Hz or 230V ~50/60 Hz
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet: vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size: 7.7" x 7" x 10"; 19.5cm x 17.6cm x 25.2cm
- Weight: 11 lbs./unit; 5 kg.Dimensions and Weight in PackagingPairShipping Weight: 26 lbsShipping Dimensions: 18 x 11 x 13 in
Or should I spend the extra cash and get the KRK RP5G2's?
---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------
I think I just found my answer after searching. Sorry for the thread! Seems as though the KRK RP5's totally outperform these M-Audios.