A lot of noise!

A21

I bought the Reselov Se5 studio monitors without having a interface. They told me that connecting both of them to a computer straight through a RCA cable would make a lot of noise, I thought they were exaggerating so I bought them anyway because I was so hyped for having the money that I saved for a year. Now I realize that it is actually true, and totally unpleasant. The question is, will an interface solve the problem? And if it actually does, how do you connect the interface to the computer? Is it through USB? Thanks for reading!

:(:(:(:(:(

Cool.. those are the successors of the monitors I started on.

Getting an interface would probably solve it.. depending on what the source of the noise is. If it's your computer, then yeah.
But it could also be you're using long unbalanced cables that pretty much work like antenna's and pick up a lot of noise. So that's something to look into as well.

Affordable interfaces usually work with USB, yeah.

Yes, what kind of noise? What power supply for the speakers/amp?

Some noise comes from cross-talk in unbalanced cable or can simply be "noise-floor"/system noise. Really bad computer-based buzzes, glitches, and mouse moves/relay clicks/"computer thinking sounds" can come from having the power source and the audio source connected in close proximity to each other, as in the speakers being powered via USB.

We've been getting this question a lot (like five times in the past few weeks); is this all from the OP???

Get an inexpensive interface. It is best practice.

GJ

Back