Lighting in studio.

A White Rebel

How do you all light your bedroom and home studios?

I have a drop ceiling and florescent lights in my small room, so I just use a warm bedside lamp and get this nice vibe. It's rather dark but has a glow to it. I was wondering if there's lamps out there that do multiple color options... so I can kind of set the tone for sessions and music videos?

this Crystal light thing its so chill its on one of my speakers.
lol

I tend to adjust the lighting based on my mood or the mood of the track (which is usually an extension of my mood). Either quite bright or dark (often with hints of blue).

im using a big tv as my monitor and it lights up the room fairly well, i rarely need to turn on any lights unless im trying to hook up a mixer or whatever

Eyes are as important as ears, especially if you are an electronic music producer or engineer. A properly lit room will keep you out of the opticians, and away from additional headaches and other horrid stuff that gets in the way of making music. Soft light bulbs are best IMO, the kind you'd have in your front room.

Fluorescent tubes are terrible for harsh light, plus they are notorious for messing with the noise floor on your electronics and having hum in your speakers when the lights are on is pretty cack. Coloured light is fun, but messes with your eyes over time. I stick with a good ole' fashion 3-spot ceiling light (with LED bulb, soft white).

I have track lighting. It gets a bit too hot at ttimes, good for winter - bad for summer.

Aside from that, I use a regular table lamp with a regular blue colored 60watt light bulb for vibe.

Like another person said my TV screen often gives enough light. There's no window in my room. So it depends on how I'm feeling.

Back