latency in cubase

You need a fast PC with plenty of RAM, and a soundcard or audio-interface with ASIO drivers.

Then you need to configure it properly.

My PC is brand new with a pretty flash Audigy soundcard and 512Mb of RAM.

What's the proces for configuration?

Devices > Device Setup > VST Multitrack. Select the Fraudigy's ASIO driver.

Adjust the buffer size setting on your soundcard to get a workable result.

Carnage said:
Devices > Device Setup > VST Multitrack. Select the Fraudigy's ASIO driver.

Adjust the buffer size setting on your soundcard to get a workable result.

where is that Im working with SBLIVE and I cannot find Devices > Device Setup > VST Multitrack

i tested cubase and had latency problems as well so i went back to sonar. ive never had any problems with it. well cant say never, but 99% of the time it works no problem at all. even with my old sb live. (which im still using with sonar 3 without a problem)

note: i learned basic computer recording on cakewalk home studio a while back so im kinda biased towards sonar although as far as i can see it has all the functionality of cubase.

cant wait till i get enough money for an 828mk2:D

Xabiton said:

where is that Im working with SBLIVE and I cannot find Devices > Device Setup > VST Multitrack
Nevermind I figured it out I was looking for it in the c drive and its in Cubase

I also have latency issues with Cubase SX, but when that happens I close out all other running programs and go into the Cubase/Audio temp directory and delete all the old temp *.wav files. Of course that causes a popup window to pop up and state that these finds are missing from their directory, but that's better than latency.

This fixes the above mentioned latency problem, but then you have that popup problem. But the popup problem is rather easy to fix, all you have to do is click cancel to go around that one.

BTW does anybody know how to fix the popup problem so the popup doesn't come up every time I try to load a project?

You don't have to do that to get rid of files that are not being used in your project. You use the project pool to manage those. Go to pool, and either empty trash or remove unused pool media and that's it.

Also, within Cubase you can increase the cubase priority under devices and vst multitrack.

Peace,
I have Cubase Sx, the latency problem I fixed in my Delta 6X6 configuration. I went into the Delta which is so easy and my latency was on 1024 which will give it about 10 delay so when you play with another midi outlet it wouldnt be on time. So I set it to 512 which is 1 milli second late so now it plays on time, there is one below 512 it's 320 I think which is 0 milli seconds I didn't use that cause I didn't want it that low, but If you have a sound card find the latency in it and change it, I didn't use Cubase Latency now it's off the hook everything is on time.

www.ijmaenmt.com
peace
DaNOC

Back