KRKs or Yamaha HS50s

Newkid1

Ok peoples, I currently have a pair of TR8s but I am in the market a second pair of monitors to switch between for monitoring my mixes. On a $500 budget, I've narrowed my search between the KRKs and the Yamaha HS50s. Does anyone have either of these monitors and would like to comment or should I look at different monitors.

i just bought some yamaha hs50's yesterday and compared them to the krk rocket 5's in store and noticed only a slight difference....the yamaha's are a little more $$ and sound a little cleaner in my opinion...
the low end frequency response was cleaner on the yamahas i thought but i'm sure you'd be happy with either...big ups

i'd be biased if i said KRKs because i never heard the Yamaha's before. But i do own a paid of KRK 6s.......no complaints what so ever

I went in to sam ash to see if I could test the two out. Well they don't carry the KRKs, and they never have the yamaha's in stock because they sell out as soon as they come in. ....Idk if that helps any...

Do like most people in here have told you to do. Go check them yourself. But in my opinion, the Yamaha's are your best choice. They sound soooo clean. When I tested the monitors out, i felt that the KRK's sounded kinda muddy. It also depends on what you're getting for. If your mainly just going to greind out beats, get the KRK's, and i think they're cheaper too. But if you're going to be recoring and mixing vocals, go for the yamaha's.

KRK's are fantastic. but the best suggestion on here thus far is going to a store with one of your favorite tunes for referencing and give them both a try.

good luck!

Drama06 said:
Do like most people in here have told you to do. Go check them yourself. But in my opinion, the Yamaha's are your best choice. They sound soooo clean. When I tested the monitors out, i felt that the KRK's sounded kinda muddy. It also depends on what you're getting for. If your mainly just going to greind out beats, get the KRK's, and i think they're cheaper too. But if you're going to be recoring and mixing vocals, go for the yamaha's.
or do like me get the yamahas for the price of the krks

I've heard KRK's and Yammies side by side. Though the Yammies cost a bit more, I think worth it. The bass is better, the sound is more consistent from louder volume to lower volumes and the Yammies are cleaner in sound.

It's still a personal decision so try for yourself.

I got the KRK 5"...Good bang for the buck...If i had to do it again, i would get the 6" or 8" because of the better bass response. But i luv my KRK 5"...they sound great and i dont have the space for anything else.

If you looking for your low frequencies to stand out, go with the KRK's.
The Yamaha's are good for high frequencies stand out. The same as the old NS10's.

I notice the differences when testing both monitors side by side. Both are good monitors, just depends on your ear and what sound you want.

Back