KRK V6 - yay or nay?

G

globalfunk

Hey guys - I'm looking at purchasing a pair of KRK V6 monitors - I think they are perfect for my room size (small) and budget (average) at the moment - although I've read on some threads about low fequency noise (eg buzzing) when they're turned on with nothing running though them? - can anyone confirm this? - does anyone own these babies? - if so how do you find their performance - I'm hoping there will be enough bottom end once in my studio - I guess I can always upgrade later for surround sound apps.... can anyone recommend other powered monitors in the same price range matching or bettering the performance of the KRK V6's?

Hmmm...I haven't heard about any low freq buzzing in pwrd monitors, but I would guess that's indicative of a grounding problem.

Generally I really like KrK monitors...they seem to have a little midrange bump, good imaging and nice low-end reproduction. Used in a good sounding room, mixes should translate well.

Peace

In addition, don't just purchase monitors indiscriminantly. Go audition monitors. Take a few CDs and use your ears to make the final decision.

Back