Keyboard Review

T

tdg bassman

Thought it would be cool to have a keyboard review thread. IF YOU ARE BUYING A KEYBOARD, CHECK OUT THIS THREAD. People just say what they have, pros and cons, etc.

I have a Yamaha PSR-293, $200, I believe 51 keys. 126 voices, 135 styles, 30 preset songs. Midi, USB, Xglite.

I love the keyboard. Not too big, not too small. Great sound. Great voices, easy to operate, touch-sensitive keys. I think it is a great intermediate keyboard.

i used to use all the keyboards at guitar center for hours on the weekly basis.. to me the motif is the best keyboard ,.. as a matter of fact i even like the motif better than the motif es!.. the motif es has some sweet ass guitar sounds though, they have the only keyboard sounds that sound real, but the pianos are all wack as hell. the origibnal motif has pianos like "natural grand,old piano,metal piano,Concert Grand,and MultcmpPno" ,which all sound very good, but the motif es has none. thats my only complaint about the es.. but if you can afford the es AND the piano card, then do that

I'm kinda partial to Yamaha! The first piece of equipment I got was a little Yamaha sequencer with XG sounds.(QY70) I made some hot sh*t with it. Right now, I'm messin with the Motif.
Overall, Yamaha's XG format is very decent. So any low-end Yamaha board with XG sounds will do justice!

Whats a cheap keyboard i can just use with fl and cubase to kinda help me out with beats? I wont use the drum machine or any effects on it most likey cuz i gotta enough samples and plugins i will just need the keys pretty much and of course be able to plug it in my computer. Im pretty clueless when it comes to buying a keyboard so help me out.

What do you mean a thread...

WE HAVE A USER REVIEWS SECTION ON FP!

It is Awesome: you can RATE each feature, it is ORGANIZED by brand and models, has links ot Ebay auctions, etc etc etc

Everyone PLEASEEEEE explore the full content of FP... Look at the other tabs besides "forums"

:)

Ahh the link is here:
https://www.futureproducers.com/features.php

(USER REVIEWS on the right)

did u check if there are any user reviews? i have the yamaha and love it, i dont know anything about the casio...specs?

Back