Kanye West's Production Setup: MPC2000, ASR-10, Roland VS-1880, & Turntables

why is it so hard to believe he did everything on that equipment its not like that what he used to master the album

MrDee said:
why is it so hard to believe he did everything on that equipment

Why somebody gotta come on and say it's not what he used when it's written right there. You must've been there with Kanye in the studio while making his album to discredit what Kanye himself said.

expansion said:

Why somebody gotta come on and say it's not what he used when it's written right there. You must've been there with Kanye in the studio while making his album to discredit what Kanye himself said.

dude, you just misquoted MrDee so bad...read his whole post, and you will see that he was saying the same as what youre saying. he didnt discredit kanye at all...:rolleyes:

MrDee said:
why is it so hard to believe he did everything on that equipment its not like that what he used to master the album

Why wouldn't he use it to master his album? Some people act like mastering is still some sacred art form. Well, if you are mastering any kind of album other than hipi-hop or techno, it may be, but mastering hip-hop and techno is EASY and the VS recorders can do it as well as anything. Plus it has enough inputs to mic a whole choir and then bounce it all to a stereo track. No problem. I do not have the linear notes to his album so I do not know where it was mastered, but he could've just mastered it on that. No problem. There is no big secret to making a mastered copy of your album on a computer, hard disk recorder. If you've ever been to a real mastering house, they pretty much sleepwalk their way through Hip-Hop albums. Put the studio on autopilot and smoke cigarettes. Trust me, even if Kanye used more spoils than he lets on, he is still right in principle. YOu can do 'professional quality' albums from production to final master with just those things.

Back