JBL LSR305 vs Yamaha HS5 vs PreSonus Eris E5

kumanoir

Hello all, I am currently in the market for studio monitors for a small small and am having a tough time choosing which I should pull the trigger on. As the title refers to I am looking between a JBL LSR305, a Yamaha HS5, and a PreSonus E5. All of these monitors fit a criteria of budget, size, wattage, and frequency response. However being so similar and not having direct access to a room that has any of these in a suitable listening environment I was wondering if anyone could lend me advice as to which one may be better over the other two. Thank you for the advice in advance.

do you intend to use the speakers just for producing or also mixing/mastering?

I owned a pair or rokits and switched to HS5's 2 years ago.
I found that you get a good bang for your buck with the yamahas. the only problem i have with them though is that they just lack a good response in the low freq end.
they deliver a pretty honest and crisp image of the mid/high range, but when i'm listening to dnb where you'd have a blazing sub bass, they just dont deliver.
I'f your budget allows it I'd check out the HS7 or maybe even the HS8 since they have a bigger cabinet which favors bass feedback.

overall they are pretty honest and good for mixing mid/high, but lack low freq.
then again, where do you find a perfect speaker in that price range.

of-course the yamahas are decent and sincere monitors but you will need a sub because they lack low end. I was also in your shoes "hs5 OR 305". but i have to go with the 305 because every one talks good about it. They are also great monitors. they might not be better than the hs5 in overall sound quality. but they just seem to have more bass. The hs5 sounds too tin. Thats why i prefer the jbls, they are a good bang for the buck. You cant go wrong with them. Am just so happy with mine. Just get the jbl and be happy making music. cheers:victory:

Back