I heard that broadband bass traps are ineffective below 100 hz?

I Could go for super chunks, but I was thinking of just a broadband trap. The thing about super chunks is it's more of a pain in the ass to make these electrical sockets available, and it also won't go to the floor on one of the corners due to the radiator. If that's fine, I can consider super chunks if someone can tell me the measurements I need

I also have not yet determined where to put the speakers.

I do have these auralex bass traps but I read some articles that said they only reduced below 100hz by like one decibel, and they even had to put out a statement referring to the test a test they did in 96. It said they never meant to mislead people into thinking it could reduce effectively below 100.

My dad has put a cap on this and decided I should use the auralex bass traps he got me before, which is unfortunate.

I will try to suspend the speakers along the short wall band coach (and I assume by short wall, you meant the one to the left of where my speakers were, not the one by the booth.

I have 4 bass traps that are two feet high and 1.5 feet wide. Those will be on the corners of intersecting walls. Now I have 6 more bass traps that are 1 foot high and 1.5 feet wide. I would try to cover the corners with those (side note, would it be a problem if I cut a 1 foot high one in half to deal with two small corners?

WIsh it wasn't this way, but it has to be.

always the problem with rooms that cannot be gutted properly.....

cutting them in half may or may not work - it depends on what you propose to cut it with

short wall is the wall between the booth and the window wall - speakers should nearly always face into the longest part of the room

That would be the window wall actually. Remember, looking at where the speakers were, the booth was to my right and then dips off, then there's windows. To my left is nothing. Behind me is the door.

Wouldn't it be better to have it on my left so that it doesn't vibrate the windows?

Sorry, I thought the longest wall was from the door to the wall where the cabinets/shelves were....

Thanks for the help. Some unfortunate compromises had to be made but I hope I can improve my mixing over that song I posted a long time ago (especially since maschine has offered better samples all around, instead of trying to compensate for an awful drum kick on logic). And the room now looks and feels better without the shelves

Back