How to sync/setup Pro Tools LE (DIGI001) and MPC2000XL via MIDI/MMC/Clock

Im Lost With The Mpc 2000 And Pro Tools 8le

I Just Cant Figure Out How To Make Pro Tools 8 LE AS My Master Syncing Up The Mpc 2000 As A Slave In My Digirack 002 Can Someone Please Help Me?? I Went To The Digidesign Sight And It Didnt Work And I Tried From Some Tips On The Forum With No Luck

Last edited:
Permanent/Global Midi Mappings in Live 8?

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to make midi controller mappings global or permanent in Abelton Live 8. For example, if I have one instance of my Massive synth open and set my midi controller knobs to control the settings on the synth, how can I make it so that every time I open an instance of this synth the midi controls are already mapped? Also, I would like it if these settings were maintained every time I open the software. (same for things like the record and playback buttons, etc.) Is there a way to do this? Thanks, SoProper

You really should have created a new post. It's going to be hard to get answers on a Ableton mapping question in a post about Pro Tools/MPC sync.

Create a new session and make all of your mappings. Now save it as you template so when Ableton opens it opens that template.

I did create a new post with this question, you even posted an answer there P.Casso! I was just trying to see if anyone had any other ideas about how to do it, and since there were already a number of people following this thread I thought I would post it here and see if I got more responses. I have posted questions in this thread about Reason and other midi sync questions so I knew it would be a good place to try even though the question was about Abelton not PT. Thanks for your help P.Casso.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Plus, if I map one knob to one instance of the synth it will always control that instance of the synth, even when I want that knob to control a different synth or different instance of the same synth. That is the other question I am trying to figure out. Thanks for your time, SoProper

I'm not sure if that will be possible. It almost sounds like you need a controller that is capable of switching between DAW and plugin control like the M-Audio Axiom or a Novation keyboard (AutoMap). The way I described wouldn't work for what you are trying to accomplish. What type of controller do you have?

I will play around with this today and see what I come up with. Stay posted. Do you have the Axiom or Axiom Pro?

I know this post is for the Digi unit and LE but I am having SERIOUS issues syncing my 2000XL to PT9 on Win 7(saving up for a Mac)!! I'm using the Profire 2626 and was getting nowhere with midi (however when using this setup in Logic, flawless) but I went and purchased the Midi Sport Uno and can sometimes sync to Pro Tools. If I'm in record ready and hit play on the MPC, PT plays but goes out of record ready and as soon as I stop the track, it goes into record mode, and the MPC transport only plays and backs up, it won't stop playback. Also I've read about the 2 bar insert at the beginning....yet my playback on the MPC comes in one beat early. Last thing is...I can't get my MPC to control PT or Reason at all...I did get Massive to run standalone but it created some highly annoying loop.

Back