How much ram do I need to run FL Studio 10 (11) + Nexus and Maschine

BTMM

Born To Make Music
I was using a Macbook Pro for the last 4 years. I had 4gb ram, Maschine and Logic ran pretty smoothly. 80% of the time.

Now I'm switching to a PC because I want to go back to FL Studio .

Not because Logic sucks but just because I'm more of a rapper than a producer.

My question is this:

How much RAM (On a PC) do I need to run Nexus, Maschine (I have the previous model) and FL Studio Producer Edition and Audacity (To record rap vocals) in perfect harmony.

Thanks for your reply as I really need to get in there and start producing music.

1luv

Last edited:
Haven't used fl since 11 last year, but fairly certain that fl studio 12 is mac native now or the beta if that's still going on.
4gb is enough, 8gb is [After getting used to it] recommended for 64bit anything.
1600 CAS 11 Ram unless integrated graphics then CAS 9 2400mhz ram

4GB is listed under FL's requirements. I honestly have 2GB of RAM and am able to mix (though it is a pain at times). I would go for 8GB if it's not out of your budget.

Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciate it. Yeah I was going to go for a Mac at 8gb but I think I'll go for a PC. Missed a really good deal at BestBuy today. 10gb Ram, 3.2 GHZ Gateway PC for $399 Canadian. RRRR! Oh Well at least now I know what to get. THX! :)

Back