how to make bass drag?

B

BThrowd

How do i get my bass to drag. All i can do is get a simple bass that has a hums but it cuts off like normal. I want a bass that will drag to the next note? Does this make sense? if not i will post an example of a song with bass like this. If yall heard of Mike Jones that "sewed up" song on the day hell broke loose 2 is what im looking for.

Also another sound im curious about.
On that petey pablo song freak a leak 2
that whistle soound. sounds like its on alot of rap songs just different versions of it. What instument or synth is used to get that? again if yall need an example i will post a song up

and no im not jockin these songs i dont even listen to these particular songs but i like these 2 features they use its throwd

I am not sure how to make a bass drum drag out that long. You can set the decay longer and that will make it last longer than the preset. Some dragging bass is off of keyboards though. Hope it helps some.

i havent heard these songs.. but it sounds like for the bass, what you want is the sustain, decay and release parameters on your synth

If you can, post examples. I'm not sure I know what you mean with the "drag"...but I'm pretty sure I can give you some directions if I hear what's going on. :)

As for the other whistling sounds it's just a simple sine wave in most cases. A sine wave with portamento in most cases.

Alright heres the bass i was talkin about on the link below. you can here the kick in the back but im talkin about the constant humming bass.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/DownloadSong.cfm?ID=1581963

it wont let me post the link to the actual song itself it take you to the main page so its the very last song at the very bottom

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a synth sub bass line basically.....probably a pre-set on any standard synth out these days-

i posted couple different examples on the whistle type sound i was talkin about. Same link very bottom songs.

As for the synth sub bass line is there software that has this feature that you know of and recommend? And what kinda hardware would i like for that makes bass. Im really new to all the synths ive never even seen one in person haha.
i have a couple software synths.
Hq orchestral, NI reaktor that my friend gave me on disk i havent even tried the reaktor yet. These are considered synths right?

Yes they are...Reaktor should have what your looking for....Not exactly an entry level program though.....Tuff learning curve there, but pull up some of the factory synths and dial through the sounds and Im sure you can find a preset similiar to what your'e looking for-

If you have access to FL Studio, you can easily make some variations of the sub bass line by using the 3x Osc plug-in. A Sine wave with some modifications can sound pretty good for such a simple approach.

Yea i just loaded this Reaktor and i see exactly what you mean its not real simple. I got some reading to do on that.
As for FL Studio thats exactly what i use. I never really messed around with the OCS i didnt even know that made bass. Ill get right on that then.
Thanks yall

Back