How to eliminate contoller 'banging'?

Gav88

Last few months I have been using ableton push.
My problem using my new controller is that when tapping away at my pads (using headphones) is that the sound of tapping can be heard through the entire house. How can I eliminate the contact sounds?
Is there anything on market I could place under my controller? E.g. rubber mat, foam mat etc. I have a few ideas on absorbing the 'banging' but just wondering if anyone has the perfect solution before buying or crafting such an item.
Thanks

If the sound is coming from your desk shaking as you tap beats, then put your pad on something more dense.

For my use, I just increased the pad sensitivity so I don't have to hit it as hard. :cool:

Used to use a shaky fold table so I know the feeling lol.

A desk drawer, a wooden anything recommended but from my experience I think fold tables was the shakiest.
Mouse pads hm...on a wooden desk or something I think those might reduce sound to zilch if on really unmovable material.

A 2-4 foot desk drawer is usually unmovably tough. Some tables are built like monsters and folding tables just as strong but due to the material shaking they be louuuud asf.

Dresser drawers are retardedly unmovable.

Last edited:
I've built a desk running across the 2 walls of a spare room. A solid unit built upon a decent solid frame thats attached to the walls making this desk my pride and joy haha.
The only other thing I can think of is buying a metal frame/stand for instrument equipment that will be separate from the desk. But my issue wud then be the height... I'm 6.6ft and I've built the desk 1 meter high for better posture.
Mouse pads might indeed help but I'm sure thumping wud still remain.
Lol and to think I was being gracefully to my neighbours by not installing my monitors yet haha.

This eliminates the sound by 95% percent. But as you cud imagine... I'm not committing to this!

Attachments

• 20160227_094331.jpg
    20160227_094331.jpg
    804.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Never heard of a desk attached to a wall before but it could be the desk vibrating the wall.
There's desk drawers and dj stands as an alternative but that's all I can think of tbh.
Between a desk drawer or dj stand, personally drawer because compartments but them stands have a small footprint.

Ive searched and Googled a few items relating to desk drawers and came across the idea of using carry/flight cases. Anyone got any decent priced sites that offer the foam individually or sound proofing material that I can use both for impact and sound treatment?
Can anyone recommend a stand for Push? Or any other intuitive means of contoller placement?
Cheers

Back