How does this sound

I briefley listened to the each of the tracks. I'll give you my opinion on the mixing aspect of it. This is only my opinion.

"Mt. Meg"
seemed well balanced and mixed.

"I Stay Krunk"
Seemed too bass heavy at times, you may wanna ease up on that sub bass.

"come here lil momma"
Same here to me seemed way to bass heavy, my monitors were rattling even at low volumes.

Overall they sound good as far as arrangement and structure. Who did the mixing?

I appreciate the feed back. I did the mixing, and i still dont have monitors.
What kind of monitors do you have?

It sounds way to loud. Almost all the sounds are too loud. I dont know if you try to keep your total mix below 0 Decibels. But you should aim not get above that (at least in a digital environment). Now as far as the songs go, I could see a bunch of club Naggaz getting down to them, even fake ass white guys singin to the hooks. But I think it is time for thise type of music to make it's way out of our lives forever. Just my opinion.
By the way this is not a racist post, its just an observation.

Only listented to Mt. Meg. Changing the repetetiveness of the string loop would help with keeping the listener's interest.

gunther said:
I appreciate the feed back. I did the mixing, and i still dont have monitors.
What kind of monitors do you have?

I have the Alesis M1 MK2 Active's.
$399 Pair. They have accurate response.

Check the soundclick to hear some of the work I do with them.

Thanks.

like he said up there, turn down the bass on those second two tracks. when i mix down my tracks sometimes i make two versions, one with heavier, enhanced bass and one with lighter low end. i then toss the demo around to friends and see what sounded best. that way i get the feedback of what the track sounded like on different systems, which i can then input into the final track. now i haven't been doing this that long, thats why i do that, but i hope to skip that step in the future. but remember with bass, if somebody wants to bump it loud, he's probly got a little stereo eq he can crank. let him make that choice. but definitely let him know that there is some bass in the untouched, mixed track.

Last edited:
when i mix down my tracks sometimes i make two versions, one with heavier, enhanced bass and one with lighter low end. i then toss the demo around to friends and see what sounded best. that way i get the feedback of what the track sounded like on different systems, which i can then input into the final track. now i haven't been doing this that long, thats why i do that,

That is a useful trick to use when mixing. I do it too. I dont make 2 versions, I just mixdown and burn it to CD and preview it on different stereo systems. There is nothing wrong with doing that, so your OK.

Most of the time I dont have to check, but a serious project gets checked.

Good looking out.

I loaded the wrong mix of the Lil Momma, and I Stay Krunk, those are way 2 bass heavy.

I did not make the beat 4 Mt. Meg, my lil cuzin Cleeze made that on Fruityloops.

I was looking at the Alesis MKII passives, but i will check those out.

Holla back..

I was gonna get the passives, but now you have to tend with an external amp.

I decided on the actives for theese reasons:

They already have amps built-in, and they are designed specifically for the speakers.

Where will I mount the external amp?

Getting an external amp might color the sound slightly, unless you get an alesis amp with the passives.

If you add up the passives $199 plus the reference amp $199. It comes out to about the same as the actives $399. But at least you dont have to worry about mounting the extra amp.

These are things to consider when shopping for that sort of stuff.

hope this helps.

these sound like typical crunk type tracks i am listening thru laptop speakers so i have no comment to the bass due to the fact that i cannot hear it but this isnt bad or special from what i hear just average at best

As far as the mix....pretty balanced...did rattle my monitors a little too much as well. Try and invest in some good quality MACKIE monitors....well worth the investment. As far as the songs....they were wack as far as krunk music is concerned. Try getting better beats and better lyrics...or just stop making music all together and stick to engineering.

gunther said:
That 100 Bars and Breathing is Hot!!!!!
They should not have much more to say.

Yeah I have to say he slaughtered those kids on that forum.

They were posting negative things about his work, saying "he cant rap" etc.

He roasted all of them!

Good looking out!

~peace

That is not the only music we do.

My little cuz is on that sh!t hard, so i just give him the tracks he wants.

Cleeze's album does have a good mix of styles though, its not all that same stuff, and I will be droppin an album soon, a very well balanced album.

Also, those tracks i loaded get the clubs Jumpin down here in the South, and that was the hole purpose.

As stated by kingartha:
As far as the songs....they were wack as far as krunk music is concerned. Try getting better beats and better lyrics...or just stop making music all together and stick to engineering.

I appreciate your honesty.
Keep Keeping It Real.

Last edited:
Deal said:
even fake ass white guys singin to the hooks...By the way this is not a racist post, its just an observation.

Okay, but who might those 'fake ass white guys' be? And why point them out and NOT point out all those 'fake ass black guys' as if there aren't any of them too?

By the way, this is not a racist post either, its just an observation.

Last edited:
Back