Thread: How to apply acoustic foam non-permanently?

Thanks

How to apply acoustic foam non-permanently?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of applying acoustic foam to my room and was wondering what are some ways I can do so without damaging the walls? I'm renting the apartment and inevitably will be moving out in the future; when that time comes I'll have to take off all the foam. Surprisingly there's not that much on the internet from my brief research beyond a suggestion of using T-Pins which seems like a great idea (it'd go through the foam and punch a discreet hole into the wall).

If anyone has any recommendations or experiencing doing this that would be awesome! I'm not great with DIY crafts and stuff, so any non-permanent but strong adhesive recommendations (that would stick to foam) would be appreciated.

Thanks
    T-pins are probably fine, another classic hack for this is gluing a CD to the back of the foam with spray adhesive and use the hole in the CD to hang it to a thumbtack or similar.
    They Make A Desert And Call It Peace

Bittihiisi | Krushing | Krushord | Salaneuvosto |

3. The Following User Says Thank You to krushing For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krushing View Post
    T-pins are probably fine, another classic hack for this is gluing a CD to the back of the foam with spray adhesive and use the hole in the CD to hang it to a thumbtack or similar.
    Cool! Probably going to go with T-Pins and see how it works out cause the foam panels are really light. I'm assuming if you used a CD with a thumbtack, that would be necessary if the foam were heavier?

Thanks
    What about those sticky tape things people use for paintings/posters? Would that hold?

Thanks
    >>>>T-pins are probably fine, another classic hack for this is gluing a CD to the back of the foam with spray adhesive and use the hole in the CD to hang it to a thumbtack or similar.<<<<

IMHO, krushing's idea here is WAAAYYY better than what a lot of people do-- just apply spray adhesive to the tiles and/or wall directly. It is a pain to remove them if you ever need to though. I learned this humbling lesson from experience. Use the CD idea or something similar.

GJ
    Gregg Juke
    Nocturnal Productions
    The Sonic Vault Recording Studio
    Drum! Magazine Contributor

Thread Information