Home Studio

D

Dutch Deniro

I'm looking into a home studio
can u guys give me some suggestions on equipment.
My budget is 10,000 and 5,000 can i get both those budgets with a software and hardware version

thanx alot

If you got 10,000,I would get a motif es 8,a fantom-x rack,a triton rack,a mpc 4000,a digidesign 002,a g5 apple computer,a lot of plug-ins,a tecnique 1200s turntables,and emu sp-1200.

this studio will be used to recording and production so i need to know what audio interfaces, mic, monitors, mixer, etc, all the essentials

audio interface:002
software:pro tools,plugins
sampler:mpc 4000,sp-1200
keyboard:motif es8
rack:fantom-x r,triton r.
computer:apple g5
turntable:tecnique 1200

and for your vocals try a Blue Baby Bottle. Those mics cost about $600 and they give a close to pure output. Then get the Presonus Eureka rack for your mic preamp. It has a compressor and eq on it but I would just use it as a pre and let your software do the effects. Also you might not need the motif 8 if your are going to be doing studio work. Save yourself the thousand dollars and get a 6. The only way you would NEEEED an 8 is if you did live performances. Otherwse get a 6 and use the octave button to go up or down on the keyboard. Definately the Digi 002 and the Apple G5. Don't get a Triton because every one has used those sounds for so long. Get a Nord or Novation just to be a little different. ****Very Important**** Purchase various percussion instruments i.e. shakers, small congas, bells, tamborine (bad spelling), cabasa, etc. These elements make all the difference in your song and they cost way less than buying a sample of them for you MP. Oh yeah but still get an AKAI MPC(any version) beacause if you are doing hip hop or r&b you have to have it.

Back