Here's My Studio. What do you think?

looks very clean - like your productions. Is that keyboard before mac comfortable?
my studio looks like an table with laptop and headphones on it. :(

hah thanks Big Charge,

ya it wasn't too bad, but I like to stand when I play on the keyboard. This studios actually moved into the garage so everything isn't as clean now but I think it's more effective in the garage (and it gives the UK garage feel, ...except it's a US garage).

And hey, a lot of good music is created with just a laptop and headphones! It's all good,

The setup could be better in terms of work flow possibilities but I'd say that you've hit it spot on in terms of what you would want in a home studio.

Stay away from the legal system. Alcohol and/or drugs does nothing for creativity contrary to popular culture's mythologizing.

matter of opinion, but I have to strongly disagree.

Anyways, nice setup dude. Personally, I like to push back my monitors a little bit though to get a nice stereo image.

IMG_20170324_101450491.jpg

haha, it doesn't look anything like this anymore. I got a video area set up with a green screen so there's a production area and a performance for video. but thanks, yo.

You can use room treatment hardware/software solutions to fine tune your room, but you can also do a fare bit of tweaking yourself, but playing one of your tracks and moving around the room to listen to problematic spots, like bass pockets. For a room like yours, I'd be worried more about speaker placement and unwanted reflections.

absorption foam,
auralex might be the best known, expensive though. You have some companies making more or less the same stuff for less. DAP for instance, American comanpy. Still expensive, but a bit cheaper then auralex.
Auralex Acoustics | Total Sound Control

Sound isolation is a very time consuming, costly job. That's probably not what you intended. You probably talked about accoustic treatment of your room to deal with reflection and such.
When you actually meant getting a room not to leak any sound, like being able to play loud music without your neighbours complaining, the most important is that every little opening needs to be closed. You even need to go as far as filling your electric wall sockets and stuff like that. Then buying specialized sound proofed vent systems and such.
You basically need to aim for making the room able to hold water :D and the walls need to absorb and diffuse sound as much as possible.
If you need to practice a loud instrument a lot, you usually get the furthest by getting something like this:
maxresdefault.jpg
Which will suck because of the reflection and needs treatment :D

These guys among others supply you with accoustic boxes to place in rooms
STUDIOBOX Acoustic Studio, Isolation Booth, Sound Booths

Just google for tips but make sure you get your terms right:

Sound proofing vs accoustic treatment intended for studio usage

Last edited:
Might be the foam for under the speakers so it isolates the speakers from the table (unless that has a different name). Anyway I ordered some on amazon for around $20. It says it'll reduce harmonic coupling, whatever the hell that is.

Last edited:
Looks good but basically you want the studio to be the place of inspiration so the more you feel comfortable and motivated in your own studio the better.

I usually change things up every once in a while when I feel that I've been working in the same environment for too long - otherwise I would end up in a "rut" without motivation or inspiration whatsoever (Happened to me multiple times before).

Back