Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here's My Studio. What do you think?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Olie View Post
    Way, way too clean. Needs some empty Redbull cans sitting around.
    there were a few beers, but considering a recent dui, i'm laying low

Thanks
    Stay away from the legal system. Alcohol and/or drugs does nothing for creativity contrary to popular culture's mythologizing.
    "Rap is only one end of a whole spectrum of verbal play and virtuosity. Rap is geared for aural pleasure." Rita Dove

"Talent is pursued interest." Bob Ross

Thanks
    ya, I am now. ...I make a lot more, and more creative, music now then before.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon-144 View Post
    Here's where I work on most of my tracks. I have one audio/midi keyboard, one midi keyboard, an Akai MPD 26 for changing the midi keyboard note's frequency/effects (for the new era of music!), two studio monitors, and a 4 track AVID mbox pro audio interface, ...oh and the MacBook air with two processors to create music on FL Studio.

All I'm really missing is a good condenser microphone, and just various instruments like trumpets and stuff. Are the sound foam things really necessary? Do they even work?

Attachment 45765

What kind of studio are you guys working with? Do you have any advice. Check out my songs in the link through my signature. Thanks!
    This keyboard with large keys, it's semi-weighted or weighted keys? You play piano? If yes, I would consider to buy a full weighted keyboard with 88-keys. About monitors these are Rokit? In the future you can improve it with Vxt ones. I like the ambient, very cool!
    My stuff > Steinberg UR22 / KRK Rokit G2 8's / Audio Technica ATH-M30 / Logic Pro 9 / Mixbus / Pro Tools 12 / MacBook Pro 2009 /

Thanks
    Ya, I record my melodies on the keyboards. Thanks!

Thanks
    I use the acoustic tiles on the walls and bass traps (for the corners) and they help a lot both for recording and mixing. I also have some blanket wall coverings and throw rugs that I position strategically for acoustic recording sessions. WRT to the condenser mic, I went with the MXL 770 which didn't kill my budget and really makes a big difference in recording vocals, but you need 48V Fantom power (which I have on the Mackie Mix12) for the best results.
    desk-wall-acoustic-treatment-jpgacoustic-wall-tiles-jpgmxl-mic-pic-2-jpg

Thanks
    I'm looking for a condenser mic next. So is the MXL 770 worth it? I'll check it out online. And I'll have to see if my AVID mbox pro can handle it. It's an old interface. Thanks and cool studio! Its look awesome and like a lot of fun!!

Thanks

Mxl 770

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon-144 View Post
    I'm looking for a condenser mic next. So is the MXL 770 worth it? I'll check it out online. And I'll have to see if my AVID mbox pro can handle it. It's an old interface. Thanks and cool studio! Its look awesome and like a lot of fun!!
    I think the MXL 770 is totally worth the $85 on Amazon. It's super sensitive which is why I have the isolation shield behind it on the mic stand. Even if you don't have the 48V Fantom power on, it still is picking up at 15V. Electronics are built-in and it has a couple of switch settings for bass roll-off and -10dB as you desire. I've used it for both male and female vocalists and it produces a great, high quality dry track for you to work with and apply FX. You really need a condenser mic for recording as the dynamic mics (I have a Shure SM-58 and some others) are best for performing.

Thanks
    A little room treatment and positioning is all you need! Looks like my first setup when I started producing. Rock on!
    Beats By Capone

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatsByCapone View Post
    A little room treatment and positioning is all you need! Looks like my first setup when I started producing. Rock on!
    haha thank you!

Thread Information