Help!!!

elprez44

WHATS GOOD FP,

My name is Elprez and I'm a self proclaimed future producer. I'm in the process of building a home studio with limited space. I do have the luxury of a spacious hallway closet that can be used for a booth. (I'm not sure if thats a good idea as well) I need advice on what are the very next steps I should take. I ultimately want to be able to do everything but mastering. Laying vocals and mixing down my beats is pretty much the capabilities I want. Here's a list of what I already have and what I have my eyes set on purchasing, very soon.

HAVE:

MPC 2000
Reason 3.0
Roland Juno D
Gateway PC with Windows XP
EMU 0404 (Im not using it to its fullest capability either)
Turntable
1 monitor and 2 Sony BS speakers from Radioshack

PLAN TO BUY:

MAC (not sure which one is best for me yet)
Triton
Digi002
Microphone
Materials needed to change my closet into a vocal booth.
Monitors

If there is anyone who can help me possibly save money or get me goin in the right direction would be great. I've been making beats for almost 2 years and totally taught myself. I have had no help in understanding any of the equipment listed above. I believe I came a long way from when I decided to make beats. People who know me have heard my beats and can't believe I made them. I feel like I can actually become a relavent producer at some point. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

All I can say is you are better off treating a larger room than messing with the closet. You could probably get bass traps and some auralex panels to treat a mid size room for a few hundred..worth it

Back