Graphic Card conflicts with Sound Card

Just wondering are there any graphic cards I should stay away from that may conflict with sound cards recoridng.

I have a M- Audio Delta 1010LT and I'm about to get a new computer to stick it in. I want to make sure I don't go purchase a graphic card that will mess it all up.

Just about anything current will do the trick. None should have a big impact on your overall performance.

Make sure you check their website for compatibility issues. Most video cards don't cause problems with any soundcards, but it can happen.

My Echo Layla 20 is now useless due to an upgraded motherboard. Even though it is an Intel chipset. They have stopped supporting the Layla 20 and won't make new drivers. :(

I once had problems with pci cards getting unfriendly with each other (SCSI and Sound).

Fixed it by swapping them around the different pci-slots till I found a combination that worked.

Windows irq-steering should have solved the conflict for me but obviously it didn't!

huddie said:
I once had problems with pci cards getting unfriendly with each other (SCSI and Sound).

Fixed it by swapping them around the different pci-slots till I found a combination that worked.

Windows irq-steering should have solved the conflict for me but obviously it didn't!

Sometimes the steering dont work,

I had a video/audio card conflict once.
It was that too many devices were sharing the same IRQ, and it caused the puter to freeze up.

Anyway , I switched the audio card to a different PCI slot and it was fine.

Back