Feel so stupid here!

T

The_New_Guy

Alright everybody I've got a HUGE question. I recently moved my MPC 2000XL from a friend's place and I completely forgot how to set it up. I've got my record player hooked up to my receiver thru the phono inputs and I've got sound but how do I hook up the MPC to my receiver to get sounds? Damn I feel so stupid right now so somebody let me know specifics. Let me know if where I need to plug it in to sample from my record player. Be super specific like record in/tape play in or out. Damn I should not have been drunk when I stole my MPC back and I shoulda labelled stuff. Please get back to me ASAP and don't be afraid to e-mail me. I want to get back to making beats! Peace.

Im gonna try not to come off like a
d!ck, but Im sure I will...If you can't figure that out, you should not even own that piece of equipment. Straight up....I say that cuz I know you can figure that **** out.
Maybe it takes you a few hours, or a few days, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out....or you could just RTFM-

Haha yeah everything's working fine I just needed a while to figure everything out. I've got it all hooked up now and everything is sounding nice. Look for some beat posts in a few months. I'm a perfectionist so that's why it'll take some time. I still feel like a choch for making an outcry to my fellow producers asking how to hook up equipment! HAHAHAHA anyways it's bedtime here in Regina and I just did some dirty dancing with 3 lovely ladies so I better get my rest. Peace and listen to hip-hop.

dont sweat it guy...i have a had a few times when i took apart my rig and had a foggy clue as to where I plugged my stuff - call it a "moment of weakness". It happens even to the best of us.

Thanks everyone. Got it set up now and just diggin thru the crates trying to find those perfect samples. I've noticed how much ****ty rock 'n' roll I've got though. Maybe it'll benefit me in the long run, who knows? Thanks everyone and peace.

Back