Alright so basically I'm what youd call a 'bedroom producer.' On one hand I like having everything I need within two feet of me when I wake up. On the other, its affecting my sleep. Think about it, 11PM, just finished a huge mix, then trying to settle down and sleep in the same room you did everything? Impossible. So I'm setting everything up in the next room.
I want to get it perfect though, so I have a couple of questions.
1) CABLES!!!! How do I keep this things organized??
2) Sound treatment. I'm a 16 year old kid that makes beats and rhymes. Do I really need to treat the room for sound? I don't have 20 Gs lying around, and I don't believe that putting eggshells on my walls would really make a huge difference. Or would they? Advice please.
3) Right now, I have a laptop, audio interface, and midi keyboard. The basics. Where I'm coming up short, is my monitors/headphones. I use cheap(ish) sounding PC speakers, and uncomfortable headphones. I trust my ears. I get a good result. I think. Is there really any reason to upgrade, considering that I don't have the budget to REALLY go up very far?
4) Colors!!! Do you feel that some colors make you more productive than others, where some just set the mood to kick back and relax?
5) Desks. Oh my god. What I'm using now is embarrassing. But yeah. Here it is
I can't afford a lot, should I prioritize a better desk though? Seriously, my current set up is REALLY uncomfortable to sit at.
Thats about everything. Hope I get some replies to this, I really need some hep haha