Does anyone else focus on making their studio look good and not just sound good?

My home studio is good quality as far as equipment and sound goes but one aspect about my home studio that I do different from most people is making it look & feel like I'm in a professional studio and not just a spare room with some equipment in it. I don't feel any creativity if it doesn't feel like I'm in a real top quality professional studio. I'm just curious if I'm the only person like this or if there are other people who pay close attention to the environment of their home studio and not just the functions of them.

I feel that vibe is very important. I don't like feeling like im in a bedroom or living room area when I work because it can be mentally distracting.

2 birds 1 stone over here. I got the Gik joints and pretty much got the sound and look I wanted. I'm more of a minimalist so it wasn't too hard.

add some plants and paint your walls in a pleasant colors...
make sure it smells good and don't let ppl drink or smoke in your studio.. or bring friends that aren't involved in the studio session....

this all makes for a good professional vibe...

I definitely agree. By making the studio visually appealing, you create a professional environment which by default give you a sense of being "at work" so you're bound to treat your time in there as such.

My home studio is good quality as far as equipment and sound goes but one aspect about my home studio that I do different from most people is making it look & feel like I'm in a professional studio and not just a spare room with some equipment in it. I don't feel any creativity if it doesn't feel like I'm in a real top quality professional studio. I'm just curious if I'm the only person like this or if there are other people who pay close attention to the environment of their home studio and not just the functions of them.
Post a pic, I'm interested in seeing. You should post up the music you make with it too.

Back