DJ Front board project: Cloth or glass for DJ facade?

I'm maling a facade kind of like what Dragon FrontBoards make:
p-30660-NAGA5AA.jpg
I want to use aluminum for my frame and hinges so it can fold. However, I was wondering what I should use for the "windows". Glass or cloth?

Open to suggestions because I am really not up to spending 200+ on a facade...
Thanks

Chauvet is like $300 now ($299 at GC).
I'm just putting the finishing touches on a facade. So far, about $65 total. I saw a YouTube video that gave me a good idea, but I didn't have the store or materials in my area that this guy had. I wound-up going with four large poster frames (heavy-duty metal frame and corners, not the cheap glued together stuff), and piano hinges from the hardware store. The window scrim material will be fabric or plastic, _IF_ I ever have to replace the nice plastic pane each frame already comes with. You get some nice fine-grain sandpaper and sand them down with circular motions until the "windows" are opaque. Looks great with lighting behind it. I had an old keyboard case that will work perfectly, already have some unused lighting, and !voila!, nice looking DIY facade on-the-cheap.

GJ

Last edited:
Important thing I left out: sand the _inside_ of the plastic only! Leave the outside glossy, and the back opaque, and it will look sweet.

GJ

Back