Different ways to install acoustic panels? Suggestions!

clipfish

Hi, I've currently been treating my setup area with acoustic panels but was wondering if there was any other way of installing panels besides adhesive glue/spray?
I've been looking around online and saw a video of someone installing a panel onto the wall via velcro??! The thing is, the otherside of the velcro that would stick and hold the panel was nowhere to be seen, literally just the panel with velcro on it and he stuck it on to the wall, magic.
Also screws, although I wouldn't mind too much if it only involved minor DIY I'd prefer that than sticking panels straight on the wall with glue or spray.
In a sense I'm just hoping for a less messy way of doing this.
I'd rather have a few holes in the wall when taking them down for whatever reason than straight ****ery.

Sound On Sound's Studio SOS series has often also used a regular CD disc glued to the back of the panel to hook it up to a screw on the wall...

Hi, I've currently been treating my setup area with acoustic panels but was wondering if there was any other way of installing panels besides adhesive glue/spray?
I've been looking around online and saw a video of someone installing a panel onto the wall via velcro??! The thing is, the otherside of the velcro that would stick and hold the panel was nowhere to be seen, literally just the panel with velcro on it and he stuck it on to the wall, magic.
Also screws, although I wouldn't mind too much if it only involved minor DIY I'd prefer that than sticking panels straight on the wall with glue or spray.
In a sense I'm just hoping for a less messy way of doing this.
I'd rather have a few holes in the wall when taking them down for whatever reason than straight ****ery.

As obvious as a statement as this may appear whether you use glue or velcro, or double sides tape etc don't go cheap. Cheap versions of these products and acoustic panels will be falling onto your head before you know it
:4theloveofgod:

which is why I recommend keyhole screw mounting: you have to physically move the panel to take it down

Why can't you hang them from anchors in the wall? These (Picture Hangers On OOK) nail hooks work pretty well, and you can get ones that hold 20, 30 lbs, etc. You'd obviously need frames on the panels to hang from any of these options, but building a frame would be beneficial anyways to keep the panels from looking like a pillow and keeping them from deteriorating over time.

What I did that was a quick and easy fix.. I bought velcro/tape things at a hardware store. I bought cheap plastic table placemats and nailed those to the wall. I then used the velcros (2 per panel) to fasten the panels to the placemats. That way the tape on the velcro won't rip off the paint if ever you need to move the panels.

Back