a cracking studio

D

DevinGates

wus up to everybody reading this .. im trying to build a home studio but i dont know everything that i will need to do this .. so my question is what will i need and can i do this under $2000 .. what i do know is that i dont want to use a computer im considering the korg d3200 or the Roland v62400 .. i dont know which is better .. i wana record vocals first off and eventually get the things i need to make beats .. so a list of what i should get first to last would help .. all help is aprecieated ..

Thanx

everyone gonna tell u monitors like the rockit 8's from KRK or the BX8's from them ppl i forget they name lol a good vocal mic like an akg perception 200 (das wut i got) and u gonna need to build a booth or fashion a closet to be one...bass traps basically u prolly gonna need more than 2 g'z homie....

but do you think that the multi track recorder(roland vs 2480) is the way to go ?

oooo yea i wanted that joint but i dont have any intimate knowledge of how it works or any of that try a search on here to see if anyone else has it and has posted anything about it tho...but it looks like a good move to me. i was gonna ge the dvd joint tho not the cd but w/e the case go to gc and see if they got one on display to try out...

i mean i personally use a computer daw, cubase sx 3, but if u feel that u wanna go the hardware route then go for it nah mean i've read some reviews in the last few minutes and it seems like a good choice i hear good things about roland products especially this and the mv 8800 so i would say go for it and tell me how u like it nah mean

but would i still be able to have that pro sound wit out the sound booth ?

If "booth" = "closet" you'll get better sound without one.

Still, the space will need to be acoustically acceptable in any case though.

Yeah those are pretty cool multitrack recorders but once you the hardrive is gone so is the whole machine. And with the d3200 the small screnn sucks and editing can be a lot easier on a computer.

Back