Could I literally just put boxes of fiberglass in corners instead of taking them out?

rock wool is a trademark name for fiberglass

panels made in the way described will be effective at lower freqs than just the rockwool on its own

rock wool is a trademark name for fiberglass

panels made in the way described will be effective at lower freqs than just the rockwool on its own

Awesome. Jim from Ethan Winer's team got back to me.

Tuned absorbers, such as the ones in Ethan's article, are a more old school approach. Our first product was a similar absorber to what's in Ethan's article, but it was discontinued shortly after we came out with the MiniTrap (our second product, and still our best seller). In general we have found it to be a superior approach. Note that our bass traps are broadband absorbers, voiced to give more bass and less treble absorption, which is what you want in most rooms (you can get enough bass traps in the room to fix the low end without making things too dead at the high end).

I think it makes sense to treat any room you are working in, and looking at your photos I don't see much bass trapping. The LENRDs are there but they don't do much under about 200Hz or so. I'd add as many bass traps as possible to the room. The more you add the better it will sound. You can use this listening test to find the best places in the room to put bass traps:
RealTraps - Filtered Noise

One of the nice things about our products is that they are very high quality and last a long time! They have a 10 year warranty, so you can easily take them to your next room.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Thanks again
JWL

Not entirely helpful. I sent him room dimensions and described the issue in depth. You wouldn't know it from just reading his reply, but it almost seemed like he just skipped to the pictures and did a plug for their realtraps. Which makes sense, I'm sure I won't be able to build anything like they could, but still.

Back