Connecting KRK's to Computer

Sin_Beatz

Hey,

I'm thinking about buying some KRK monitors (KRK RP6). How do you connect them to a computer WITHOUT an Audio Interface?

I use an iMac with a midi keyboard.. The iMacs stock soundcard is pretty good for quality and has 0 latency .. so there's no need for me to have an audio interface at this point, so thats why i dont own one.

So yeah, what will i need to buy ontop of the KRKs to be able to connect it to my computer?

Thanks

You will need an audio mixer!You ll sent your audio signal from Mac---->Mixer and the from Mixer---->KRK's.If you need anything else contact me by pm.

Macs output>mixer>monitors
Macs output>Audio Interface>monitors

You say the macs internal card has low latency which is great but its AD/DA converters are shit compared to an external sound-card, so if you don't use a half way decent external card you will NOT be getting all the quality benefits from your monitors, external audio interfaces arent just about latency they are about quality conversion plus a whole lot more.

You also get the benefit on some external cards to have your output set to +4dBu which is the pro level and generally results in lower noise levels.

Other feature for external interfaces are better signal to noise ratio, better dynamic range, higher sample rates, greater frequency responses and also lower jitter errors.

Mark

shit i bought a monster cable that hits both monitors and the input to the pc fits perfectly, no adapters or anything.. not sure if itll be different in your situation

i think its better to have a small mixer for that. i would recommend you a Behringer XENYX502 5-Channel Mixer" im using it and im pleased of it. good luck

I'd honestly suggest to by an interface rather than a mixer, they would probably add up to be around the same price in the end anyways. The Steinberg CI1 only costs about $100 and is quite solid in my experience with it. The mixer would work but I'd have concerns with noise and colouring of your sound since it's going through a mixer before going to your monitors. Especially with the Behinger mixers, I haven't used them but I've heard some very mixed reviews about them.

an audio interface is necessarily if you are going to do anything even the slightest bit serious. if you're going to spend good money on monitors it would be a complete waste to not get at least a decent interface to drive them.

an audio interface is necessarily if you are going to do anything even the slightest bit serious. if you're going to spend good money on monitors it would be a complete waste to not get at least a decent interface to drive them.

yeah but if just wants to get em working and doesnt have the funds why not get a simple cable that works no problem? i take my music serious and i dont have an interface or a mixer.. why fix something that isnt broken? lol

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

can't hook em up without some type of mixer, or interface, it isnt possible.

it is possible, i have krk 5's and have never owned a mixer or interface.. them shits still bang no problem. i got em plugged into my laptop right now, with no mixer or interface.

i think its better to have a small mixer for that. i would recommend you a Behringer XENYX502 5-Channel Mixer" im using it and im pleased of it. good luck

Yo! i know this post is old, but i got the Behringer XENYX502 5-Channel Mixer.. i've got the 1/4 jacks for the KRKs .. but what cables are you using to connect the mixer to the pc? Please reply!! Thanks!

Back