Can neighbours hear me sing? lmao

7thAct

I wanna sing the fuck out of myself, but I'm scared that i'll embarras myself if someone hear me lol... I wanna know is there a way to find out if they can hear me without asking them, also if i do some isolation in the room can they still hear me?

If they bang on the wall they can hear you.
If they start looking at you funny... They can probably hear you.

You could build a timber frame around the room, pack it with rockwool slabs and plasterboard it and they're unlikely to hear you.

Depends on the housing. Brick or cement walls will echo your voice all over and will leak to your neighbors. Wooden walls can diffuse it a bit but if its not insulated and double-paneled your voice will travel to their ears. Forget foaming up your room, that will not sound-proof or isolate your vocals, you gonna have to construct a room within a room with double boards of plywood or sheetrock on the walls, ceiling and floor. Or if you got the money, a plexiglass chamber is supreme.

Besides that, you can just drive to a secluded place and practice in a closed vehicle :)

I have an old friend that used to live by George Thorogood before he was big and said you could always hear him singing and practicing. She said it was annoying as fuck, but after he made it big, she felt like it was really cool to go through that and listen to someone become a great. Point is.... who cares! Do your thing and when you're successful, the embarrassment won't matter at all.

I have an old friend that used to live by George Thorogood before he was big and said you could always hear him singing and practicing. She said it was annoying as fuck, but after he made it big, she felt like it was really cool to go through that and listen to someone become a great. Point is.... who cares! Do your thing and when you're successful, the embarrassment won't matter at all.

That's Bbbbbaaad!

I wanna sing the fuck out of myself, but I'm scared that i'll embarras myself if someone hear me lol... I wanna know is there a way to find out if they can hear me without asking them, also if i do some isolation in the room can they still hear me?

if you can hear them, they can hear you.

Post Malone even told that he was embarrased while singing in front of Yeezus without effects and autotune, but its ok. Bro im sure you're making art no need to feel down! I have that same problem but i dont give a flying fuck facing my neigbours in meeting. Couple of em are actually curious about my work and want to hear the songs :D
But if you're self councius you wan watch youtube tutorials about isolating your room for like under 100 bucks. Its worth it bc the sound quality improves too! Keep up the work my man!

In any normal home or apartment environment, there will be sound leakage/transmission both ways. You can, at some expense as others have mentioned, get a lot closer to "sound proofed," but that will require money, materials, and space. This is different from treating your room for mixing and recording, which will cut down on reflections within the room, but does little in the way of actually sound-proofing, which requires not only volume of material, but space between it (air).

The cheap way? Get used to the idea of people hearing your voice...

GJ

Back