buying a vocal booth?

My wallet currently says it is very wrong.

If you have the dough, get it.

Most people don't have the money, skill, and/or knowledge to build a proper one, to be honest.

There is something wrong with ordering a vocal booth. They must make a 300% profit, just like restaurants and bars do. Do it yourself. I did. Check out these plans on www.dawbox.com and build your own for under $1,000. I built the first one for about $300. I sold it on Craig's List for $250 and built a second one with a window and door. My second booth cost considerably more because I put a layer of sheetblock under the foam. I added inexpensive carpet to the outside for a professional look and finished it with metal edging. My booth is just as professional as any of those booths on the market. Get some friends and get your own thing happening. I'm tellin ya, these plans even include mic jacks and silent ventilation. Booth in a box, Don't do it!

Do you already have the walls built, or a closet? You are looking at the Aurelex iso pack, right? It seems a little spendy for just the foam and some glue. Don't get me wrong, I use Aurelex myself (got a buddy who gets me good pricing at GC.) I put a bunch of Aurelex up in an apt. bedroom all over the walls and it was a nightmare to fix.

Good luck with your project flatnano601!

Building your own can be alot cheaper, but when you buy a portable booth, you're paying for the convenience. It's worth the cash for a quick solution.

Same reason Portable Air Conditioner's are $500 but one you stick in the window yourself is $100.

Right on. Give it a try and let us know how it works. It looks easy to set up and move. I personally am such a D.I.Y. person. I cook gourmet dinners, make my own jewelry, remodel my house, ect.
I tend to be thrifty whenever I feel that I can do it just as easy as anyone else and save some money. I love my set up and am proud of how everything has turned out so far.

I hope it works out for ya.

Has anyone tried this DAWBOX method? Looks very interesting and wondered if anyone else has had some success with it.

Back