Brand New Studio

g5shaw

Good Evening FP!,

Going to start building up my apartment studio...just wondering what equipment i should get? Want to get decent gear that i can grow into. Looking to record and produce rap/hip hop type songs. My budget is around $2,500.

Here is the gear i was looking to get.

-Blue Bluebird Condenser Microphone
-Yamaha HS80M Monitors
- Akai Pro Synth Station 49 Keyboard controller
-M Audio Fast Track USB 2.0 Audio Interface

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
the fast track sucks with windows. constant crackling and popping noises. they dont get recorded but they are very annoying.

I agree, and though it doesn't happen to me often, it is quite distracting. I'm looking forward to getting a new interface.

To the OP, not that you need to buy a $1,000 interface right off the batt but I might suggest spending $50-100 more to keep your interface a bit longer, the fast track works but is very cheap.

consider this - Focusrite Scarlett Studio | Dawsons Music - Focusrite Scarlett Studio - check out youtube add

Consider these - KRK RP8 G2 8" Powered Studio Monitor - KRKRP8G2 - Scan.co.uk slightly bassier alternative to the yamaha or consider the new kid on the block - Event 20/20BAS Studio Monitor Speaker (Single) - Scan.co.uk

Consider this - N. I. Maschine MK2 & MK 1.8 Software Overview - YouTube - Native Instruments Maschine Mikro II runs this same software (fabulous integration and super quick workflow - free software upgrades on new releases) at a considerably lesser cost to it's bigger brother.

Consider this - Launchkey | NovationMusic.com - new this year

Consider this - [URL=https://en.audiofanzine.com/ableton/live/user_reviews/]Ableton Live 9: Your Thoughts? [Ableton Producer] - YouTube[/URL] - Ableton Live 9 - this guy is part of huge community of users and check out the Live 9 videos on yuotube and the Ableton official site.

Consider this - REAPER | Audio Production Without Limits - $60 DAW - Cockos Reaper 4

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Focusrite // Scarlett Studio Bundle - YouTube

Isabella Stocchetti 'The Dancer' // Featuring the Novation Launchkey 61 - YouTube

Ableton Preview Event - YouTube

Ableton Live 9 - New Features - YouTube

Maschine MK2 Tutorial -- Time Stretching Audio w/ Dubspot's Matt Cellitti - YouTube

20/20BAS - YouTube

Cockos Reaper 3.2 ! Song Example ( Work in progress...) by Giorgio Negro - YouTube

Last edited:
Back