Bought a new Studio.. got some issues

Collarix

First of all.. Excuse me for misplacing this thread or making you laugh because of extremely big beginner mistakes..

So i just bought my new setup.

JBsystems AM-50 active monitor set
Rokit 6 krk g3 active monitor
Lexicon io-22 interface
Behringer a500 amp
And some kickass led strips

Now i got everything all wired up but i only get a decent volume from my left am-50. Both the right am50 and my rokit produce almost no volume and most of it is distorted. Also my amp doesnt show any sign of activity from the monitors.. However they are completely silent when it's turned off.

So i got my rokit setup with a XLR to RCA cable
AM-50's with little jack to rca
and my interface with a double to single big jack cable.

All in my Amplifier.

Can someone please tell me if what the reason is my sound is bad or missing in my monitors? my interface works fine btw

More pics coming up

image (3).jpegimage (2).jpegimage (4).jpegimage (5).jpeg

Attachments

• image (6).jpeg
    image (6).jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
image (9).jpegimage (8).jpeg Got my amp in stereo mode. Interface hooked up to input 2, and I cut the top off of my rca cable and used the screws in the middle ( Channel 2 )

the amp is not needed for the rokits, as they have their own built in amplifiers - someone saw you coming and sold you stuff you do not need

remove the behringer from the equation and connect the interface outs to the rokits ins - you may need to use trs cables but can get by with just ts cables (ordinary guitar cables) for now

you will need a proper signal splitter (not some jury rigged y adpater plug) to use these as well

I'll give you some places to look tomorrow afternoon my time (it is all but 11:30pm here)

Something I don't understand is.. A good friend of mine almost has the same set-up as I do ( same monitors and interface ). Everything hooked up to a different but almost identical Amplifier and it seems to work very good. He doesn't use a signal splitter..

He just made everything go to RCA, cut off the heads, and screwed them in the amp..

lucky he hasn't blown the speakers and the amps to be honest: if he is not using active monitors this may explain why he is having no issues. Check with him and let me know

luckily i can return the amp and get my money back. Is having 2 rokit's instead of 1 rokit and 2 am-50's a better idea? If yes i'll return those too and buy me another rokit.. is the amp really completely unnecessary?

he actually uses the same monitors as i do.. exactly :P

He is most likely using the KRK R6s, which look identical to the Rokit 6s, except for that they are PASSIVE and therefore require an AMPLIFIER.

If youre gonna be referencing two sets of monitors you will require something like the Presonus Monitor Station or Mackie Big Knob

................................................................/--> AM-50
Output of interface -> Monitor Control unit ->
................................................................\--> KRK

Always ask first then buy, not the other way around.

Last edited:
if you only have one rokit then get a second unless you intend to use it for checking mono compatibility - i.e. it is used to listen to the sum of the left and right channels

Last edited:
First of all.. Excuse me for misplacing this thread or making you laugh because of extremely big beginner mistakes..

So i just bought my new setup.

JBsystems AM-50 active monitor set
Rokit 6 krk g3 active monitor
Lexicon io-22 interface
Behringer a500 amp
And some kickass led strips

Now i got everything all wired up but i only get a decent volume from my left am-50. Both the right am50 and my rokit produce almost no volume and most of it is distorted. Also my amp doesnt show any sign of activity from the monitors.. However they are completely silent when it's turned off.

So i got my rokit setup with a XLR to RCA cable
AM-50's with little jack to rca
and my interface with a double to single big jack cable.

All in my Amplifier.

Can someone please tell me if what the reason is my sound is bad or missing in my monitors? my interface works fine btw

just to clarify...

Are you saying you are plugging powered monitors into an amplifier? the monitors have built-in amplifiers and you are running a second amplifier through them? going out of one amplifier into a second amplifier?

He is most likely using the KRK R6s, which look identical to the Rokit 6s, except for that they are PASSIVE and therefore require an AMPLIFIER.

If youre gonna be referencing two sets of monitors you will require something like the Presonus Monitor Station or Mackie Big Knob

................................................................/--> AM-50
Output of interface -> Monitor Control unit ->
................................................................\--> KRK

Always ask first then buy, not the other way around.

Ive had good experiences with both. I think id rather the presonus

just to clarify...

Are you saying you are plugging powered monitors into an amplifier? the monitors have built-in amplifiers and you are running a second amplifier through them? going out of one amplifier into a second amplifier?

that is what the pics are showing (see the ones here): you can actually see the amp is being used in bridge mode to drive the powered monitor which is, of course, even crazier :4theloveofgod:

Last edited:
Back