Best method to hang studio foam?

ATLAS_

Soon I'm going to be buying some soundproof foam to hang in my studio. What is the best thing to use to hang them?
I've heard spray adhesive doesn't work too good, and I heard that double-sided tape doesn't, either.
But I did hear something about double sided velcro(?) working well.
What have you guys tried and what have you found is the best thing to use when hanging up the foam?

liquid nails but wouldn't do that these days

velcro is probably your best option - make sure you glue and staple or screw the wall side tape so that it doesn't lose contact later

Studio foam won't do anything to your studio, so unless your putting it for beauty , then don't
You can consult in Gearslutz acoustics forum about the matter more so you won't waste your time and money

Studio foam will absorb a lot of high frequencies, so good for flutter echoes if you've got a lively room in the high frequency section. This will be apparent if you've got a lot of glass or reflective surfaces. You have to have absorbent material that is the size of 1/4 of a wavelength of the lowest frequency you are trying to absorb, as a rule of thumb, iirc. Previously, i've filled entire corners with fibreglass slabs and covered them in order to absorb down to the lowest octaves.

Foam will do nothing?
That's an incorrect statement. And the science proves it. As we look at the NCR for it that's obvious, it is doing something.

It's managing the highs and upper mids absorbtion, and capturing reflections which is fine for strictly recording vocals, especially if it's in a room, rather than a booth or closet.

Back