Audio Problems

tq248

I only have one speaker right now (left speaker/never had a right one). When all the sounds are panned in the middle the sound is a little weak. When all the sounds are panned to the left the sound gets stronger and you can feel the bass more. My question is why are the sounds a little weaker when all the sounds are panned in the middle. Is it because I only have one speaker and when panned in the middle since I dont have a right speaker the sounds get pushed to the left one over crowding that space and making it weaker?

This is my set-up: MPC and Roland keyboard and Computer out going into a mixer/ Mixer out going into a home stereo/ Home stereo only has a left speaker

What pan law are you using?

Wait a minute - You *DON'T HAVE* a right speaker?

How can you... Uh... Oh God...

If you had a right speaker, it wouldn't quiet...

Last edited by a moderator:
[If you had a right speaker, it wouldn't quiet...]

It wouldnt quiet??? And no I dont have a right speaker.

Last edited:
what massive is trying to say in english is... you need two speakers AT LEAST to realize what your panning... simple.. pans are not made for one speaker! need 2 or more.. get another one.. !!

I know I need another speaker. But what Im asking is why when the balance is at 0 the sound is a bit lower and weaker. When I pan everything to the left it gets louder and stronger. So can I get that same sound (when everything is panned to the left) when I get another speaker and the balance is at 0?

because on stereo sound, you need two speakers ...cuz the signal is confused on where to go to.. its thinking you have a 2nd speaker there.. tahst why its weaker. u need to add on a 2nd speaker so the signal gets transported into those 2 channels....
*someone correct me if im wrong*

tq248 said:
I know I need another speaker. But what Im asking is why when the balance is at 0 the sound is a bit lower and weaker. When I pan everything to the left it gets louder and stronger. So can I get that same sound (when everything is panned to the left) when I get another speaker and the balance is at 0?
Your sound is weaker because you're playing ball in a stereo field. Think of it as hard left referencing the left speaker and hard right to the right speaker. When there is no right speaker and you go center you're borrowing half of the field to play ball in. At center, you're not forcing full sound of the left field and you don't have any right field. So center, you go weak. Man, I hope this makes sense.

Yes you will hear bells and whistles and be amazed when you get another speaker. You will be in stereo!!!

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking but I'm not an expert. Thanks alot Producher and Shawndon.

Last edited:
It's cool. I just hope it made sense to you. And we're help to help. At least I am if I can. Hope it works out for you.

Yes it actually does make sense. The bad part is that I've been putting together my music with this set-up for about a year or two up to this point. And then I would hear my music elsewhere and it wouldnt sound the same. I was having some audio issues with Reason as well. Mainly with bass and sounds that contain a good portion of bass. When I have two or more sounds that contain heavy bass in them, the sounds would lose their "power" and the whole mix would sound crappy. Now I think that was the case because of me only having a left speaker.

Back