Audio interface with headphone amp

Hey everybody,

I'm kinda new to the whole studio setup thing so i might be asking a stupid question here but i can't seem to find it on the internet really so i thought of asking it here.

I'm just gonna go straight to the point here.
I want to know if it's possible to connect a headphone amp to an external audio interface.
Say i have an external audio interface hooked up to my computer but the output of the headphone connection isn't powerful enough to drive my headphones, can i then connect a headphone amp to my external audio interface on the headphones output?

Say i have the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC404HD and i want to connect a headphone amp to the headphone output of that audio interface.
Is that possible and if so how?

Thanks for the replies!

Greets

Yes, it's possible but you wouldn't connect it to the headphone output - you don't want two headphone amps. Just use an extra pair of outputs.

I have an external Steinberg audio interface. I also have a 1 input and 4 output headphone amp. I have the headphone amp plugged into the 1 output and use the 4 outputs for my headphones. It works great. I picked u the headphone amp at the guitar center. They range from $30 to $60.

Back