Adam f5 vs KRK RP5

lmwg96

Hello, i would like to know which speakers are the best for techno / techhouse producing.
I'm in a small room without any acoustics treatment.
Thank you!

If you can, I would order both, give both pairs a test drive, listening to music you know very well, and keep the pair you like better. Every monitor is different, regardless how accurate they are. So in the end it comes down to a matter of personal preference.

You won't go wrong with either pair.

Consider adding a sub as soon as you can, as you will need to hear what's going on in the sub bass range with techno and techhouse.

I'd say F5, but nothing beats getting both and then deciding for yourself. Consider the Yamaha HS series as well.

While I have not listened to the 5" models of Adam or KRK monitors, I use to have a set of KRK V8's and have worked on Adam A7 in a studio setting. In my opinion, Adam speakers are far superior to KRK for mixing. Adam has better stereo imaging and depth. You get more of a sense of space in your mix with Adam monitors. Your low end is more pronounced with the KRK but you don't necessarily want that for mixing. You want monitors that produce flat, transparent sound. Regardless of what monitors you pick up, get some treatment in your room ASAP. Acoustic treatments will do more to improve your mixes than a better set of monitors. Or just get a really good set of headphones like Sennheiser HD 650's. They'll cost about as much as the monitors you're looking at but you take the room out of the equation and at ton of producers, mixing engineer & mastering engineers swear by those cans.

In my own personal opinion, the F5's lack bass and the F7s are extremely overpowering and unbalanced. Nevertheless, you have to get down to a store yourself and try them out, it's the only way. People kept telling me to do it and once I went I now completely understand. Seen as you're on a bit of a budget, look at second hand! I can't recommend enough going for at least a 7 inch speaker for making Dance music, I wish somebody had told me several years ago, I'm only finally about to make the upgrade

I'm not too fond of the KRK RP series, they have a weird/false stereo imaging. If you have a small room, a 5" cone would suffice, otherwise I'd recommend something higher than 5". Do check out the Tannoy's, they're pretty good within that budget.

Back