3D Printed Acoustic Treatment

G

What are your thoughts on this application? Particularly for diffusors? I'm studying them now and not entirely too sure about its uses. Can I print using any material? Is compacted recycled plastic a viable alternative to wood if it were designed as a diffusion panel? What about recycled rubber?

Is the cost effective or is it better to just buy or build your own?

I do know that not each 3D company has the printer large enough for big projects and it is time consuming with detailed work.

interesting concept - however unless material costs are small to begin with this could end up being way more expensive than just buying off-the shelf product

I'd like some links to specific projects you have been looking at to develop my own ideas

my main concern is the flammability issue - with plastics printing you are most likely not going to get a product that won't make your fire safety rating worse than if you used un-retarded wood - better to use a fire retardant treated wood to construct the same quadratic diffusers, although the honeycombing is difficult to do at home, you could get a shop to cut the honey comb shapes for you in long lengths and then cut to size as required using a chop saw/fret saw

Back