Writers block

Writing anything can help whether it makes sense or not. Putting pen to pad can cause inspiration from anywhere and helps you think more clearer in the end. Doing something will be more productive then sitting around wondering why you cant do anything. Maybe that is just me. (i.e. Writing about writers block might provide you information to why you have writers block or find a solution to it that you may find useful for others and would like to share.) Hence my earlier statement.

Last edited:
write non stop, try to experiment. Write when your sober, experiment different environments, drinks, time of day, location, clothing, bath tub, smokes...etc.

I can only write and reflect about my life so I never suffer from Writers block. Reflect on things you have personally experienced and reflect on how they make you feel. Writers block fixed.

Let me say this... My name is Jason Johnson I am from San Diego. Music has been my outlet for my emotions since I started songwriting when I was six. Today I cant get my touch on writing anymore, have all this talking in my mind about how I feel about life, my life specifically. This is not writers block but how does one truly write about how they are feeling in lyrics? Help.

trying doing some things music related but not writing, say for a day or two. watch some interviews or tutorials, brush up on your musical knowledge, or just make some beats or chord progressions!

all those usually help me, caffeine helps too, i get away from the studio for a couple of hours, drink a cappuccino or have a red bull or somethin and things just start happening soon after, just get yourself hyper.

some people say you get blocked because you dont enjoy what you're doing, maybe thats true/maybe not, i cant say, but maybe it is for some people, if you feel like you're not enjoying your productions find out what it is you dont like about them and focusing on improving *that* specific area.

some research has been done on creativity and apparently going for walks helps stimulate creativity, try that too?

im not saying this WILL will work 100%, you gotta remember everyone is different, so try find the thing that helps you get out of the block.

hope that helps ✌

Last edited:
Ideas on getting over it?

1) Take a break from writing. Throw on your favorite instrumental, freestyle alittle. Exercise the mind by free flowing your words. Should help clear the blocked passage. 2) Take a break from writing. Throw on your favorite artist's song. Examine their word play, feel the flow of every bar they deliver and incorporate that with your writing. Hope this helped.

re

Usuail writers block occurs because of pressure that you are creating in your head or attachment to an outcome. Loose this and create without the need to make something great. See what happens

get more artistic and creative. Idk what you write about but if its about cliche things like love, money, relationships, etc. Get over that stuff and embrace the art in the art form. See the forest not only for the trees, but also for the roots and the soil.

I don't ever go into a piece thinking about one particular idea in particular. My method is honestly just keeping a note book and writing down cool words I come across during my travels. Then I write a bunch of words that rhyme together with that word. After that I stitch together shit and make it into something more. This is prolly why my style is really ADHD and word salady, but that's ok. Everyone has their style.

So I'll hear a cool word. like i dunno. Antidote. So I associate that with poison. Then I'm like "Poison, no antidote. Anecdote. poison... Poise and. Standin' wit poise and no anecdote. Poison no antidote. Viper to rabbit. Lion to antelope. The phylum is manifold. Climbin' the andes coves, bitin' with mandibles, and swimmin in channel forms... etc." Then I take all those little ideas/rhyme schemes and build on them so they are less disjointed...

That is just how I do it. I never get writers block because of this method, I just sometimes find it hard to sit down and write for more than an hour or two. In order to still be productive, I start a bunch of different shit and then come back to it when I think about it later on. I'll just be in the store or some shit and think of an idea so I scribble it down in my note book then add to the joint I saved on on my computer...

You don't have to sit there and type all day and night. Otherwise you wear your mind out and get sloppy. Some of the emceess with the greatest pen game out there take months to write some songs. Aesop Rock being one of them. I'm sure that if people like Jay Electronica or Nas spent more than 15 minutes to write out a 16, there shit would be exponentially greater than it already is. Sure it's amazing to hear about people busting out awesome verses in record time, but is that really conducive to make excellent art? IDK. Everything is subjective. I'm talking out of my ass.

Another thing; it helps to write out an idea you want to do in prose, then find a way to turn into bars...

Back