ive got a problem

naems

hey guys, first post yay.

anyway, ive got a problem, im afraid of judgment, most of all, being called a copycat, for instance putting a song on soundcloud and seeing comments like "this sounds like 'insert artist name here' booo"

i dunno how many of you ever got this or have it in some form or intensity but for me its crippling and i cant seem to find a way to get over it.

ive been producing music for the best part of 5 years and i can bang a track out that im happy with in a week or so and feel good about it after. that doesnt usually last long and soon after i feel 'empty' again and start a new track, and at random, id just feel this crippling feeling of rejection and judgment, and just lose motivation.

what do you guys think? :sigh:

"Quit being a b*tch and come on!" No just kidding. But seriously get your confidence up. No one tip toes into this industry. You have to "break" into it. See what I'm saying. Bring your music to people like you got your johnson tucked into your shoe!

hey guys, first post yay.

anyway, ive got a problem, im afraid of judgment, most of all, being called a copycat, for instance putting a song on soundcloud and seeing comments like "this sounds like 'insert artist name here' booo"

i dunno how many of you ever got this or have it in some form or intensity but for me its crippling and i cant seem to find a way to get over it.

ive been producing music for the best part of 5 years and i can bang a track out that im happy with in a week or so and feel good about it after. that doesnt usually last long and soon after i feel 'empty' again and start a new track, and at random, id just feel this crippling feeling of rejection and judgment, and just lose motivation.

what do you guys think? :sigh:

If you have a fear of judgement you are getting into the wrong industry. Believe me when I am saying this it is just being honest with you. Judgement will happen. Within the music industry you cannot please everyone, let alone cater music that everyone will enjoy. People will hate. ACCEPT THAT! If it has you second guessing yourself then you have no confidence within yourself. Do you like the track? Then forget what people think. If it bangs to you then thats all that matters. IT IS YOUR MUSIC TREAT IT AS SUCH. Eminem never stopped making music because there was a culture that never accepted him and he still battles that struggle still to this day. Look at the hate. Tech N9ne never quit making music, because they called him a cult leader and devil worshiper. Very little people know this but Tech has made the Forbes list and still claims underground. No matter what music you make or how you go about it people will hate. Its part of the industry. Ignore the hate and focus on the positives within every track or idea you have scribbled down. Continue to grow and define your own style. If you cannot get past hate and people passing judgement then you need to hang the hat up now. Hope this helps.

M.C.Gray

i see what you guys are saying, i guess i know il be judged and critisized so i just have to accept it. Thanks for your help :)

Back