Flow help

Jesse Langford

My flow is shit. I need to work on it. I sat down while I was waiting for my order at Mcdicks and I wrote some lyrics, came home and recorded them (No mixing or mastering was done). Be total jerks if you want, as long as you provide a critic or suggestion for my FLOW

link:
https://soundcloud.com/jesse-langford-2/flow-practice-unmixed

Last edited by a moderator:
Rhyme patterns should be in even numbers to feel more "complete", abab or aabb not aaaa b acac
typically, the end of your sentences should end on the same place in the beat i.e. the snare, or start in the same place

If you want to learn to flow better naturally the main thing is to not try and just feel the rhythm.

you are trying to cram to much ..to many syllables in between the kick and snare..usually happens when you do not write to the music and then go home and try to fit it into an instrumental...less cramming which will help with your cadence and pronunciation...

I have had a lot of trouble with my flow. You should probably start off with slow tempo beat and listen to each track you make to see if you improve. Then out a faster tempo beat and then pick the one that just feels natural to you.

Back