Thread: Your Writing Style

Thanks

Your Writing Style

Sign in to disable this ad
    Do you write a verse then apply it to a beat or do you write to a beat as you listen to to?

Thanks
    The former as I lack a producer and/or producers.
    "Rap is only one end of a whole spectrum of verbal play and virtuosity. Rap is geared for aural pleasure." Rita Dove

"Talent is pursued interest." Bob Ross

Thanks
    I usually freestyle a few take then get highlights from the takes then work it together.

I used to write before hearing a beat but I got tired of editting my lines to fit in a bar so I started writing/freestyling to the beat

Thanks
    Yea trying to apply a finished verse to a beat can be a headache i ran into the problem when i was rapping so i stopped and started writing to beats instead

Thanks
    I need a good beat first to stick my lyrics to. It is almost impossible for me to change the beat after I wrote my lyrics.
    Somehow the instrumental and the voice becomes glued together in my head and because of this I dislike many remixes, though. But only if I know the original.

Thanks
    I like to do it both ways. Sometimes you have a dope beat, that needs lyrics. Other times you have dope songs that need a beat, this is the fun way. It is never easy to make a beat to fit lyrics, but it helps you grow as a producer to try these things. Sometimes you may not get the beat for that song on the first one you make. But, keep trying and you may be able to bring it to life. Sometimes you can just start with a snare and the vocals and build on top of that.
    Brent Flores | Engineer & Producer
    The Studio Jacksonville

Thanks
    Every time is different depending on what I'm making. For example, if I'm making a chilled RNB or chilled then i'll start with chords. If i'm making an up-tempo track i'll start with kick and bass . once i've got all that i'll write vocals work with that.
    Last edited by Vincent-G; 10-11-2017 at 03:39 AM.

Thanks
    hmmm depends on the tempo and if i already have a story in mind for the song or if i find the story during creation of the beat c:

Thread Information