Writting problem

GustavoWoltmann

I have patches of times where I can actually write good lyrics, all the other times if I try to write they come out really bad, is any one else like this.

Hey Gustavo,

Yep, I think we've all been there. There are just moments when the muse strikes us and makes writing a lot easier.

That being said I don't really believe in waiting for inspiration. I believe in working on your songs daily. And more and
more, your body and brain start adapting to this and you get into "the zone" much quicker and stay there longer.

So keep going, it's gonna come. Learn to trust yourself, it's been inside you before and it doesn't disappear. You just
might have to spend a little more time searching.

Best,
Friedemann

I agree with the above. When it comes to writing(and even production) I believe in doing whatever it takes to get it out. Whether that be taking a break, stepping outside, going somewhere, turning the beat down, turning the beat off, what ever. When getting stuck writing, sometimes elaborating on a line or idea helps.

It happens to the best of us and that's coming from a music producer.. I've found at times the best way to really solve it is to have the ending of the song or theme in mind before you start, because you're able to have more leverage than if you did when you are staring at a blank sheet. It's sort of like having the ingredients to a food dish. On another note.. Mike tyson coined the phrase Proper, Preparation, Prevents, Poor, Performance. So i hope this kinda ties in and you get the gist of it.

Back