Writer's block

GWNL

How do you guys cope with writer's block? And how long does it usually take to get back on track?

I usually listen to music I like, read... Follow your everyday routine, but most of all, don't focus on your writer's block. Also drink a lot of coffee (this step is optional :) )

Reading books, contact with nature, visit art museums...stuff like that. Organize and clean my apartment...it works, believe it or not.

Hey GWNL,

Writer's block doesn't exist. Only difficult pieces. And those take hard work, not inspiration.
The "hard work" ist using your formulas, knowing what to do in case of an "emergency"
(i.e. when the song isn't working). You follow a couple of techniques until you're back on track.

If you're interested in the formulas I recommend this book. It introduces one of the most important
formulas of hit writing: Lyric-Less Storytelling.

Best,
Friedemann

I find it helps doing something else for while, without even thinking about what you were working on. Usually you get an idea after a while (it might not always be a good idea, but at least it gets you back in the creative mindset again)

The best way to tackle "block" is to simply do something different. It's funny how intimidating a blank page is until you start trying new things, like these techniques to get past writer's block. I'd recommend checking those out, especially spending time away from production.

Good luck man, best to you.

I'm gonna teach you HOW TO NEVER HAVE WRITERS BLOCK AGAIN!

First off you need to know what creativity is. Creativity is a force. It is energy that moves through you. You cannot FORCE creativity because it is a force.

Creativity = Relaxation Creativity = A state of ALLOWING

So now let's look at the "CREATIVE BLOCK"

YOU are the creative block. YOU are in the way of the creative force that's within.

So the question is... HOW CAN I BECOME MORE CREATIVE?

Empty out the mind. The mind is a room. Too many thoughts and the mind cannot produce any new ideas. How can you produce new ideas if there is no room.

So empty your mind. Relax. Allow.

THEN watch how creativity comes through you!!

I hope I helped :)
----------

EyeAm.
The Masked Man.
EyeAm. The Masked Man. [Producer / Engineer] – Self Growth

Best way i've found is to take a day off and stop trying so hard. Then find a tune you like and use it as your reference track in the arrangement, instrumentation & mix. You don't have to make the exact some song and you don't need to always use the exact same instruments but it helps limit your options which will help you get shit done.

Back