Who else starts songs and never finishes them?

ShayneBishop

I cant count how many songs i've started to either write or record and never finish. I'd have to say more than half of the songs I start to record never get completed. Mainly because I lose interest (damn ADD LOL) or get annoyed with a beat after awhile or i take a break from recording and never come back and eventually forget about the song...The other day I was going thru some stuff and realized that most of my songs are unfinished lol so i'm gonna start to finish them. I think the main reason would be is I am never satified with my flow on a song. It'll sound good but not great, I think i need someone to tell me "yea thats perfect! save that" or "no that blows, re record it". I dont have that, most of my recording is independently done. Thats why I wish i was back in a band...gaaah..

Oh hell yeh man we all do. I got over 500 songs on my comp man, only like 100 of them are finished, and like 40 of those are recorded and mixed lol..

me too, i'll start off freestylin then start writin then the flow just stops. so instead of writin somethin wack i stop

yeah when the creative flow stalls, ussually save it for another time...i ussually just work one song at a time.

but Streetwize that's pretty crazy stuff, those all beats themselves, or lyrics written to them? 500's a pretty big number..

Bigwon said:
yeah when the creative flow stalls, ussually save it for another time...i ussually just work one song at a time.

but Streetwize that's pretty crazy stuff, those all beats themselves, or lyrics written to them? 500's a pretty big number..

Nah i was just talkin bout lyrics. I have a folder on my comp with all the lyrics i've written since probably april last year and there are 511 files in the folder. Some are just like 8 bars though, like a quick lil lyric i thought of and had to right down quick. You know what i mean? I usually go back through them and incorporate some good lines that never got finished in my new tracks..

ShayneBishop said:
streetwize, you have some hot beats dude! Are they all you or sampled?

Appriciate that man..I do both. I sample more these days but even when i sample i still do some composition over the top usually. Did you go on my myspace or my soundclick? Cuz the beats on my myspace are pretty old..

Because we are miners. We are always, always looking for the nugget. Problem is a lot of what we find is fools gold, we just don't know it at first, and sometimes it was only a thought to help us, not really a project for the airwaves.

Back