Where to start with lyrics and singing/rapping?

ItsChilla

I've been producing music for around 3 or 4 years now but i want to go further. I can sing pretty well and can even hit a lot of falsetto pitches, but i've never been instructed on singing its just something i've always been able to do. Anyways where do i start ? How do i write meaningful vocals or rap verses and make them harmonize with music that i produce, without T Pain and Future level auto tune (which i actually own)? A video or article would even be helpful.

P.S The actual words of the lyrics wouldn't be a problem i'm just mainly concerned with them being in key and sounding pleasing to the ear.

Take some vocal lessons with a competent coach. As a life-long musician that also writes and sings, who has studied and taken lessons on all types of instruments, and participated in clinics, business seminars, and musical education of all kinds (except voice), I would say, it's worth the time. You might be a naturally good singer, but vocal lessons will give you proper technique. Several years on the road almost blew my voice out permanently, but proper technique will keep you in-shape and out of trouble.

As far as writing, study good songs, maybe take some classes, but the sage old advice is "write what you know."

Last edited:
Back