::**when Ur Writing...beat Or No Beat?**::

Gutty502

so whats everyone elses personal opinion?
i personally prefer to write without a beat, it helps me keep focused

with beat, when writing it always gets me in the zone.....gotta get a feel on on what it is when i'm trying to complement it..

When I started writing muzic I began with a beat. Just recently I started writing by making the chords/melody first. I feel it gives me more freedom to write. I don't like the feeling of being stuck to a beat and having to conform to it.

with a beat but sometimes i write without a beat, then go through the verse whilst listening to a beat and change it where it needs it.

well if im gonna record then defintley to the beat but if it's just something random then without.

no beat, the beat distracts me a lil cuz then i get to freestylin and forget what i was goin to write down

Preferably with a studio and a beat, but, I've gotten some of my best stuff without, lyrically speaking.

In the car, waiting in line, sometimes just walking. I can't speak for anyone else but personally, my head kinda goes on perpetual loop when a tune catches my interest. Its not playing all the time up there naturally, but during slack time when I am not focused on something else my brain will load that loop up again, I will find myself humming along to it, trying to "feel" it out, and maybe lightning will strike. You never know.

Conversly, I have sat in my studio surrounded by great equipment, able to not only hear the beat, but also "FEEL" the beat , and couldn't come up with Ba-Ba Do-Do.

Boy, is that frustrating.

Nothing works for me all the time.

usually without the beat, i can write whats on my mind better without a beat...the problem is keeping rhythem flow and harmony with a beat after becuase i didnt write to it

Rap is really an art!

it doesn't matter beat, no beat some of the best writtens come from just driving around reading a paper taking a sh1t it depends on the mind state and mood. I like to keep rhymes in my head for days spitting to beats are easy unless you was born with no rhythm....

you gotta have the beat in order to perfect the flow and ensure that your topic fits the mood of the beat perfectly

no beat...I got freestyles that I remember. I also got notebooks full of rhymes alot are incomplete, but thats the beauty of it. I always got ideas

writing

Gutty502 said:
so whats everyone elses personal opinion?
i personally prefer to write without a beat, it helps me keep focused
when im writing i can write with almost anytype of music playin an i just vibe to it i can write beat or no beat and write on the spot if some one asked me to i want ppl to see my lyrics so i can get feed back cause anyone i show it to says its good stuff i wish ppl would some times say its bad lol neways if u can help me let me know tnks ttyl

if im workin with other people i write 2 da beat but solo i start with no beat brainstormin and form the basic outline of the song in my dead den wrtie sum lines den throw da beat on and finish usually

i'd rather write without a beat,it keeps me on subject and reminds me that nothing should keep me restraint in art

hmmm...mostly with a beat. It may not be the one I use, but I need something to give me a feel. Sometimes, I have the idea in my head without beat, but generally the right track is what sparks the words in the end...in case of writing music: generally

the right rhythmn brings out the right melody/harmony.

with and without. i write better when im by myself. i always end up pasing back and forth in my room spittin tha rhyme tryna come up wit tha next line. id rather have tha beat so i adjust tha flow. if i dont have it, my flow sounds like w/e i was jus listening to on my ipod, so when i try to put it on a beat, it doesnt sound right nd i gotta do some adjusting. i got a few notebooks of random ****, i write in my phone a lot too. ill be working out, driving, or about to go to sleep nd ill type **** into my phone. i write a lot 'freestyles' lol (new definition). nd as i put together a song, i take lines from those and add it in to tha new song.

Back