when some ones says "freestyle" in one of their tracks, do you believe them?

Manyu

when some ones says "freestyle" in one of their tracks, do you believe them?

I mean for all you know they coulda pre written the "freestyle" before recording it.

SO whats the point of calling it a freestyle then:confused:?

Freestyles aren't defined as off the top of the head. I believe Big Daddy Kane said this. But, most likely "freestyles" are prewritten.

Why care? I got friends on corners who come off the top of the head and are more entertaining and nicer on the mic than most mainstream rappers anyway.

It's like wondering how a pro athlete would do in a game of streetball.

Not the same league, not the same bracket.

I feel its only important on a mixtape level. But it is more appealing if they were left for off the top content. I feel prewritten "freestyles" are becoming oversaturated anyways.

I also, forgot to mention. Freestyles are defined as free of style, and not having a specific topic. Compared to if you were to write a song about partying.

IFreestyles are defined as free of style, and not having a specific topic. Compared to if you were to write a song about partying.

i don't know about that...because an emcee could still FREESTYLE about partying...or freestyle about ANY specific topic...

(I Can't Post Links Yet)

Go to YouTube

Type In:

Big Daddy Kane Explains That A Freestyle Is A Written Rhyme

I meant by his definition ^^^

Some people don't write or freestyle. They just think of a couple lines spit it, pause the track, and continue when they think of more lines. There are some freestyles that I'm skeptical about being pre written though.

Some people don't write or freestyle. They just think of a couple lines spit it, pause the track, and continue when they think of more lines. There are some freestyles that I'm skeptical about being pre written though.

This is actually how weezy works. (as shown in the Carter documentary)

Fun Fact

freestyle can mean alot of different things.. a freestyle could be, yes off the top of the head or could be a song written thats just a flow with no chorus... but when people say they are spittin of the top and arent really thats annoying

most of the time i agree its all prewritten lines that may get changed at certain moments depending on the moment

Back