What do you do when you're just not feeling it?

I feel as if creative minds have to embrace both the positive and negative emotions to truly understand and project their creative outlet.
That is why i think most artists have mental instability, which isn't a bad thing because they realize that there is a essence of balance governing the human experience. Not saying a conscious controller or God if you will, i don't know, but their is this unexplained force of nature within the mind that artists somehow understand better than the average person.

I usually become inspired whenever I hear something new. It gets my creative wheels turning, and then I start coming up with all kinds of stuff.

I try to do something completely different for a day or two, get out into the world and pick up a new experience or a character to write about

What I do when I'm not feeling it is play COD lol on a serious note though what helps me get back in the mood is watching professional producers in the studio or watch them live streaming.

Eat,drink an energy drink(just sip it slow)take a hot shower,then before you get out rinse off with freezing cold water,take a walk outside,search up things you like and current events revolving the subject,listen to the radio and think about how you can make somthing better,listen to different music.things that i do anyways.
-Gus

I've noticed the mood i have to get in to write well is the same mood to enjoy music the most and be able to rap well etc. It's a free flowing uninhibited mood where i'm positive about everything (not necessarily happy or sad) and have an abundance of energy.

The best way to describe it is i'm just "feeling it", i can bob my head to my favourite songs and feel good. It's sort of comparable to excitement/positive anticipation for the future. When i can't write it's the opposite, everything sounds just as good but i'm not "feeling it".

Does anyone know what i mean? It's doing my head in that i can't just flip a switch in my brain to get back in that state and write again.

:hmmm:

Sometimes when I'm writing something and I catch temporary writer's block, I'll usually throw on a instrumental from one of my favorite songs and just start freestyling. Once I felt like I had a good freestyle session, I go back into writting. Usually helps free the mind from clogged thinking. Hope this helped.

When I'm not "feeling" it I hop on youtube and start listening to music from everywhere in any genre. I avoid what ever's current and search random countries folk music. Once I find a couple of samples I usually shake the funk.

Getting over the creativ block

I suggest go hit a movie, go play some ball, read a book. Live life. Music is a reflection of life and you actually have to get out there and live it to get anything out of it. Try listening to a genre of music that is totally out of your usually taste.

I usually have a writer friend collab with me. The challenge alone 'sparks' something in me and before you know it, I've written something new.
I think I work well under pressure, so a collab with a deadline seems to do the trick. I also make sure I don't overwhelm myself with too many deadlines
because that alone, does my head in and is counter productive.

Write a line a two thing come back in a few days and try and it sometimes, I'll go weeks doing that and at the end it'll be one little.

i find true inspiration comes from experience. talking to people in general helps yourself reflect your own ideas on them and in turn hopefully provides yourself with inspiration. even going for a walk without listening to music helps you understand what you truly want to talk about and is very inspiring.

Back